In Continuation of the earlier article where we discussed Add-ons for google docs, in this article we will be discussing Add-on for Google Sheets. These add-ons are quite handy & developed to make our day to day tasks easier.
It provides a large gallery of professionally designed templates, including calendars, schedules, invoices, time sheets, budgeting tools, letters, resumes, financial calculators, and more.
When you find a template you want to use, click on the Copy to Google Drive button and the add-on will save a copy of the template into the root folder of your Google Drive. For more info visit here.
The perfect mail merge tool for Gmail!
It’s super easy, just write your email template as a draft in Gmail, with markers. Those markers will be replaced by data in your spreadsheet to send personalized emails. You can format your email directly in Gmail and add inline images and attachments. Some of its features include checking who has opened and clicked links in your email in real time, schedule a campaign for a certain day and time, provides template support, import contacts data (name, email, phone number,…) from Google Contacts and Salesforce & provides automated check to let you know if you should change something to avoid being blacklisted by spam filters. In the free plan, you can send mail to 50 recipients and in premium plan number of recipients increases to 400 or 1500 depending upon google account(400 for Gmail user and 1500 for google app user).
QR Code Generator
QR Code Generator add-on lets you easily create QR codes from values in Google Spreadsheets. You can generate multiple QR codes by selecting a range of values in a spreadsheet.QR codes are saved either in a Google Document or as PNG files in Google Drive. This add-on is part of Mobile Attendance solution and customers can create employee ID cards containing QR codes. For more info visit here.
Now you can quickly add style to your spreadsheet by highlighting cells and choosing a style from the style viewer.
This add-on will make adding beauty to your spreadsheet a breeze. It’s so easy to use, all you need to do is select a few cells you want to style and then click one of the styles in the Style viewer sidebar.
Do you need to colour every other row? No problem, simply select your rows or the whole spreadsheet and then click the colour picker to choose any colour you like. Find more info here.
Power Tools add-on cuts the clicks on repeated tasks and brings features for organizing and unifying data in Google Sheets.
Extra spaces, formulas and data in the wrong format are among many of the issues the add-on deals with:
- Take advantage of the new smart toolbar with handy assistants: insert or delete cells and shift adjacent data, change case, or swap values.
- Click once to AutoSum numbers in every row or column; sum and count cells by color.
- Search all selected sheets for certain values, formulas, notes, and hyperlinks; see a list of found entries, export or replace them in a click.
- Get “Text to columns” feature: split values in a column by any delimiter, string, or by position.
- Automate some routine tasks: add or remove text by position, transform formulas, change formula reference type, export range to XML or JSON.
- Bring order to your sheet: delete unwanted characters, types of data, and clean up formatting.
- Get every needed data tool in one place: remove duplicates, compare and merge sheets, randomize data, and much more.
The add-on keeps the history of the recent operations at hand so that you can quickly re-apply a set of actions to a different range. You can also star the most frequent features to have access to your favorites at any time.
Thanks for reading and do share your queries and feedback.